TRUE BLOOD® – MUSIC FROM THE HBO® ORIGINAL SERIES – VOLUME 3 OUT SEPTEMBER 6 ON WATERTOWER MUSIC
FEATURES NEW MUSIC FROM NEKO CASE and NICK CAVE, JAKOB DYLAN AND GARY LOURIS, THE HEAVY, BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB & MORE
INCLUDES NEW MUSIC TO BE HEARD IN SEASON 5
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Bad Things*^
*only available on the digital deluxe version of the soundtrack
^track is currently available for purchase on iTunes
Link for stream is below
WaterTower Music will release TRUE BLOOD – MUSIC FROM THE HBO ORIGINAL SERIES – VOLUME 3, which features new music by an eclectic array of artists such as Neko Case and Nick Cave, Jakob Dylan and Gary Louris, The Heavy, and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club as well as a reworking of Donovan’s classic “Season Of The Witch” by Karen Elson featuring Donovan. This fourteen-song (eighteen on the Digital Deluxe version) collection is the follow-up to the first two Grammy® nominated soundtracks and will include new songs from the 3rd and 4th seasons of the acclaimed HBO drama along with preview of music that will be heard in season 5.
The music of True Blood has played an integral role in each season of the hit series. The fictional town of Bon Temps, Louisiana is brought to life through music supervisor Gary Calamar’s clever weaving of the music into the fabric of the show, and the current season is no exception. Calamar’s distinctive selections accent poignant moments throughout the series and those songs have been brought together in this collection.
“Working with Alan Ball, the True Blood crew and HBO is a dream come true for a music supervisor,” states Calamar. “Plus the small town of Bon Temps gives us big inspiration and musical ideas to feast on…if you know what I mean.”
A reworking of The Zombies’ classic “She’s Not There” was recorded by Neko Case and Nick Cave and released in June in advance of the season 4 premiere.
The collection also boasts new music by Jakob Dylan with Gary Louris, The Heavy, and a new version of the True Blood theme song “Bad Things,” re-imagined by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.
1. “Season Of The Witch” – Karen Elson featuring Donovan
2. “Me And The Devil” – Gil Scott-Heron
3. “Te Ni Nee Ni Nu” – Slim Harpo
4. “She’s Not There” – Neko Case and Nick Cave
5. “Hitting The Ground” – PJ Harvey and Gordon Gano
6. “Spellbound” – Siouxsie and the Banshees
7. “9 Crimes (Demo)” – Damien Rice
8. “Cold Grey Light Of Dawn” – Nick Lowe
9. “Hell’s Bells” – Cary Ann Hearst
10. “Gonna Be A Darkness” – Jakob Dylan and Gary Louris
11. “What You Do To Me” – BlakRoc
12. “Paradise Circus” – Massive Attack
13. “And When I Die” – The Heavy
14. “Bad Things” – Jace Everett
15. “Bad Things” Black Rebel Motorcycle Club***
16. “She’s Not There” Dick Isreal And The Soothsayer***
17. “She’s Not There” L’Avventura***
18. “She’s Not There” Paper Pilots***
*** available only on the Digital Deluxe version
Set in the fictional town of Bon Temps, Louisiana, the Emmy® and Golden Globe®-winning True Blood follows the romance between waitress Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) and 173-year-old vampire Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer). Alan Ball (Six Feet Under) is creator and executive producer of the show, based on the best-selling Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris.
Music supervisor Gary Calamar serves as soundtrack producer for TRUE BLOOD – MUSIC FROM THE HBO ORIGINAL SERIES – VOLUME 3. Calamar has been influencing musical tastes for years through his work on Dexter, House M.D. and the Alan Ball produced Six-Feet Under. Gary is also a longtime DJ at public radio powerhouse KCRW (89.9 FM and KCRW.com) in Santa Monica, CA